Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 6: Servant Day

This was my favorite day of the week. Today we did our servant day
activity. It was tiring at first but after lunch I was set and ready
to work. The task performed today by our group was to clean sidewalks
covered with trees, large plants and hard soil. In the sun, it was
pretty difficult and every half hour we'd take water-breaks. At first
my job was garbage duty. A few of us had to clean any teashthat we
found. The second job I had was to rake leaves, remove soil, cut roots
and a few more things. We went around doing this from 8 am to 1:30 pm.

Worship today was also great hearing Spencer West and Michel
Chikwanine. Both of their stories were touching. Both stories involved
a bad thing in life turning into a good thing.

Skillet performed at the dome. I really like there music and I am
going to put some of their music on my iPod. Tommorrow is the last
full day and I look forward to it.

One more thing. I haven't become as brown as I thought I would.

No comments: