Sunday, July 26, 2009

Spoken To

Once again today we were woken up to the great upbeat service of
agape. Though Agape isn't a real pastor, today he spoke from the heart
and made me believe he was a pastor. Though we have so much fun at
Agape services don't be misinformed; the Word of God is still passed
right on through. Today's sermon was on finding your way and turning
to God when all else fails and learning to forgive. Agape sermon
consisted of telling us on about his childhood in which his mother
divorced his father and taking him. Though Agape hated his father for
never being there and was so tired of carrying this hatred that he got
to his knees and prayed. In doing so he was able to call his father
and forgive him. In talking about this experience he was able to put
it in such a way that almost put me in tears. Me -- cheerful Mark who
is blest with both parents yet somehow I found my eyes watery. Even in
writing this blog I still get water to my eyes. How could this
ordinary HIP HOP rapper preach about something completely opposite
from my life and yet I felt more close to this simple man's life then
I've ever felt to someone else. Though I have the utmost respect for
pastors and appreciate all they go through to become pastors, I think
Agape would give them a run for their money.

I started this blog to talk about my day and yet somehow I ended back
at this non pastors sermon and actually its been on my mind all day.

I know I should go back to my day but I hate people that post long
things so... Bye

--Mark

No comments: